Sunday, September 19, 2010

a record of the love

While I have never, ever doubted Darin's love for me, he proved it again today. If you know much about Darin, you know he is a bit fanatical about music, especially vinyl records. He has about 5,000 of them, meticulously organized in alphabetical order, then within each artist by chronological order. We have bought many of them together over the years and I was bummed to think of not having a record player or records of my own to play. I timidly asked him if I could have some of them, expecting him to not handle it well. He was so willing and encouraged me to take what I wanted. There were a few that he cringed at, but was so gracious about it. I am still somewhat shocked that I now have a personal record collection of about 40 albums, and good ones at that. I also have 400G of music on a hard drive. I feel bad that I underestimated him, and proud of him for being so generous. Talking about splitting all of our stuff up has been so easy. I am grateful for that.

I am still looking for a place to rent on a short term basis. I am in the REACH program, which helps low to moderate income families buy their first home. After completing the minimum of three counseling sessions and taking a home buying class, the federal government gives you $15,000 towards a down payment and covers your closing costs. I spoke with my counselor and I am able to only attend the three sessions and she said I would be finished by Thanksgiving! I'm going to take my sweet time to buy a house, and I won't start looking until the holidays are over, so a 4-6 month lease looks perfect. Not too many people are looking for a short term tenant though. I have complete faith that the right thing will come to me, no matter what I envision the right thing to be.

This might be the shortest post in the history of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment